Friday, February 12, 2010

Mental Age

There is one time in everybody’s life when they feel they feel they are either out of the crowd or there are very few people who understand what they say mostly because of age or generation gap or whatever you call it as. I am not writing this because of on the occasion of my birthday but of late I have felt while talking to a lot of people that I share something in common with everybody whether it is my 5 yr old neighbor who doesn’t like to get up early for school, my 8 yr old cousin aaah homework!, my 16 yr old sister the fetish for new clothes and the taste for music, my 24 yr old cousin when he talks about making a career of his own and he loves to write like me, my 30 yr old aunt- shopping, my 42 yr old mother that we get tired after a long day, my 48 yr old father with having n number of behavioral similarities with him, my 60 yr old grandmother when she says her jaws and teeth hurt while eating so do mine because of growing molars , my 64 yr old grandfather mmmm I think his full white hair with one strand on my head (hope its not increasing soon), a 25 yr old woman who says to have gone through similar tough times in life, a 48 yr old woman where I feel totally energetic like she does last but not the least my 20 yr old friends where I have a lot of things common to us.

I feel it is no longer the physical age but the mental age that matters now I could have never thought about it but there is no difference now everybody is on the same plane. I can share my deepest secrets to any body who just matches my wavelength (okay no more physics).

Either my teenage has left me or it is just quarter life crisis (aisa kuch job hi hota hai humari age mein)

3 comments:

  1. very very very intelligent...u are way ahead of ur mental age, im witness to it yes.. im glad uve found ur groove again :) luvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, i am happy that it is still there but it was just that my situations were taking control of me now i am taking control of them :)
    thanks for being there always

    ReplyDelete
  3. well dis is an age wich will stay forever bby,coz throughout our lives dere ll b instances wich ll mak us feel dat v r all same in some or d other way.i wld also like 2 mention here dat d way u hav brought dis so usual phenomenon on paper is just amazing
    well done:)

    ReplyDelete